Partner With Us

To assist tenants and families in your community living in unhealthy conditions.

Tenants Advice Logo

What Do We Do?

Tenants Advice helps thousands of families across England & Wales with housing disrepair issues. Founded in 2016, our aim is to support Council and Housing Association tenants who are struggling to get repairs carried out by their housing provider. It Is your legal right to live free of constant leaks, damp, mould, rotten windows, rodent or cockroach infestations.

At Tenants Advice we have an expert team of Housing Conditions Officers, Solicitors and Building Surveyors who guarantee fast, reliable help and advice. We are confident in getting the best results for the tenants we help.

How To Refer Tenants To Our Service:

Do any of your friends, family or community suffer with similar social housing repair problems? Contact our partnership team to speak to Jacob.

Call Today:

020 8049 4909

How We Can Help?

Helping Tenants Understand Their Rights

We can help the tenant to escalate the issues within the complaint’s procedure with the landlord. If appropriate we can provide details of relevant bodies who can assist i.e. Environmental health, housing ombudsman, property ombudsman etc.

Free Housing Consultations

Our advice and support services offer one-to-one personalised help with the housing by arranging a free consultation for one of our housing surveyors to attend the tenant’s home. One of our experienced team will be able to assess the outstanding repairs with specialist equipment.


Over The Phone

Our free helpline is open five days a week to answer calls from anyone struggling with a housing issue


Our solicitors provide legal advice to help people who are struggling to get repairs completed by their housing association or council.

Questions we often hear.

If you haven’t found the answer you were looking for in our FAQ’s below, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly. We’re here to assist you!

Does my tenancy agreement affect my right to claim?

No it does not – Generally speaking, if you do not have exclusive use of any part of a property, you have a license to occupy. If you have exclusive use of part or the whole of the property, you are likely to have an assured or short-hold tenancy agreement. Our experienced team of advisors can help you establish your rights with regards to your individual circumstances.

How much will I have to pay?

We offer free housing appointments for one of our specialist housing team to visit you at your home to assess the disrepair. At this point we can either provide you with free specialist housing advice or refer you onto one of our panel Solicitors. Should they succeed with your claim then they will deduct a percentage from the compensation.

If the Solicitor does not succeed then they will not present you with a bill of costs. You can be rest assured that you will not be out of pocket as a result of the work done for you.

Will I be entitled to compensation?

If you have a valid claim for housing disrepair, aside from compelling the landlord to repair your property, you can also claim compensation for: 


  • Inconvenience caused;
  • Damage to personal property;
  • Personal injury or ill health resulting from the disrepair – including respiratory illness caused by damp conditions;
  • Any financial losses suffered as a result of the failure to rectify the disrepair.